The birthplace of French North America and the only walled city north of Mexico is an open-air treasure chest that will delight history and culture buffs alike. Its European background and modern North American character are set off by a heady blend of history, traditional and contemporary art, and French-language culture to make Québec City a destination like no other.
Year after year, travel magazines continually rank the Québec City Area among the world’s top destinations.
- Founded in 1608 by French explorer Samuel de Champlain
- Recognized as the cradle of French civilization in North America
- Old Québec, a UNESCO world heritage treasure (1985) on account of its heritage site
- A unique North-American religious heritage
Weather conditions in May (averages):
- Min / Max Temperature: 5°C / 17°C or 41°F / 63°F
- Average precipitations: snow 0 cm / 0.3 in – rain 106 cm / 4.17 in
For more information about the weather here (in Québec).
What to wear
In spring and summer, a light sweater or coat sometimes comes in handy on cool evenings. In winter, a coat over layered warm clothing, hat, scarf, gloves however mittens are best and warm snow boots are necessary. Québec is a walking city, so comfortable footwear is a must.
In any case, check the weather forecast just before packing and leaving …